Make a Donation to the Annual Fund:
Your gift to the Annual Fund is the most important donation you can make to CVHS, as it will help support our daily operation and the vital programs that save animals and help us grow, build and lead a humane community. Please click here to make an online donation today, or to set up recurring donations. If you would prefer to give in person, please feel free to visit the shelter, or call at 476-3811. You can also mail a check to: CVHS, PO BOX 687, Montpelier, VT 05601.
Make a Donation to the Special Needs Fund:
Your gift to the Special Needs Fund will help to save lives and support the diverse medical needs of animals in our care. Please click here to make an online donation today, or to set up recurring donations. If you would prefer to give in person, please feel free to visit the shelter, or call at 476-3811. You can also mail a check to: CVHS, PO BOX 687, Montpelier, VT 05601.
Visit our Wish List:
- Ever year we count on donations of items such as wet kitten food to help us care for our animals. Visit our WISH LIST to learn more about items we currently need.
- Individuals and families often request that donations be sent to CVHS in lieu of flowers. Others seek a way to have another lasting memory of a beloved pet. Notification of the contribution will be sent to both the donor and the family.
- Honor your friends, family, loved ones and pets by making a donation in their name to CVHS! Notification of the contribution will be sent to both the donor and the person or pet being honored, notifying them of the donation. This is an excellent way to thank a friend or give a gift!
Birthday/Holiday Gift Donations:
A unique way to honor and recognize a loved one’s spirit and caring for animals. Many of our members give donations to us in lieu of gifts on birthdays, weddings, and holidays. Unless otherwise requested, we send a letter to both the donor and recipient notifying them of the contribution.
Leave a Legacy:
Your bequest can help our animals long after you’re no longer around to do so. Simply ask your attorney to add a codicil to your existing will similar to the following example:
Sample bequest language:
“I give the sum of $___ to Central Vermont Humane Society, Inc. to be used to further its purposes as the Board of Directors in their discretion may deem appropriate.”
It can be as easy as that! Thank you! For more information about our planned giving program, please contact Mary Taylor at (802) 476-3811 x102, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TD Bank Affinity Member Program:
CVHS is enrolled in the TD Bank Affinity Member Program. TD Bank members simply go to any TD Bank store or contact their direct banking line at 1-888-751-9000 and let them know that they would like to participate in the Affinity Program. CVHS’s membership code is “A3759″. Sign up and start contributing today! Contact your local TD Bank store with questions about this program.
Pet Pal Sponsor:
Donate $25.00 once or once a month to help provide care for a pet awaiting adoption. Sponsors will receive a picture and information about the cat, dog, rabbit or rodent. Pet Pal Sponsorships are a great gift idea!
At CVHS: We have our own retail area here in our Adoption Center with important items for new adopters, treats, puzzle toys, collars and leashes, and more! Available to you at near-wholesale pricing, all proceeds benefit our animals.
Online Shopping: We’ve discovered a great way to raise funds – The Fundinco Solution. It’s super-easy, and all you have to do is shop at Amazon.com after visiting the link below. For every dollar spent at Amazon.com, we will receive a donation based on the purchase! There are no additional costs to you, no logins, and no strings attached. Simply visit:
and off you go to Amazon.com where you can shop and raise funds! You can buy just about anything at Amazon and at great prices, including most things you already buy on a daily basis.
Make sure to add the Fundinco link above to your favorites so that you can go back anytime you shop online and help us raise money.
- The Petango Store.com will make a donation the animal shelter of your choice with every purchase you make, just select “Central Vermont Humane Society” from the list at check out!
- ** Please Note: You must select Central Vermont Humane Society from the list at check out in order for us to receive the donations from these online shopping websites.
Buy Dog Collars, Martingale Dog Collars, Dog Leashes and more! We get a donation for each purchase you make at Pink Puppy Designs when you mention our name! We recommend the Martingale Collar to all dog lovers.
Thank you, and happy shopping!
Donate a Kuranda Bed:
- Kuranda provides its dog beds directly to animal shelters and rescue groups at our lowest wholesale prices. They have created the “Donate A Bed” program which enables individuals to donate beds to the shelter of their choice at discounted prices as well. Just select CVHS from the drop down bar from the donate page and follow the instructions. The donation will be sent directly to CVHS in your name. Your donation is 30% to 35% off of the retail prices.
A big Thank You to our supporters who have spent years bringing their empty cans and bottles to CVHS! The new building does not currently have a facility for us to store those items. Instead, please take your returnable cans and bottles to the Beverage Baron on Main Street in Barre. Tell them they’re for CVHS and they’ll put it on our tab and send us a check! Thanks!