(This position has been filled)
CVHS is seeking an organized and dedicated individual willing to roll up his/her sleeves and coordinate the maintenance of our facility in East Montpelier. Candidates must be hard working, motivated team players committed to the well-being of companion animals. A solid work ethic, excellent communication skills and a sense of humor are a must.
Position Description: Facilities Technician (Part Time)
Primary responsibilities are to ensure a clean, safe, and well maintained facility and grounds.
- Maintain well-groomed lawns, gardens, runs, and yards
- Perform snow removal to ensure safety and access; spread sand/salt as needed
- Perform outdoor cleaning projects to maintain the presentation of the Adoption Center
- Maintain and repair walkways, driveway, parking area, fencing, decks, etc.
- Organize, service, maintain and repair all supplies necessary for grounds keeping
Interior Maintenance and Repair
- Regularly check supply levels; refill all dispensers, make order requests as needed
- Perform building maintenance and repair (with the exception of expert-level projects):
- changing light bulbs
- painting and touchup
- refilling the water softener and changing filters
- cleaning and maintaining all drains (dog wing/new cats/sinks, etc.)
- changing filters and cleaning the heating and cooling systems
- running the dehumidifier as needed
- performing floor care
- Regularly clean and disinfect bathrooms
- All aspects of animal care (Including but not limited to feeding, medicating, restraining, cleaning, etc.) as needed
- Perform cleaning shifts and complete special cleaning and repair projects as needed
Other Position Duties
- Assist/supervise grounds keeping and maintenance volunteers and service providers
- Respond promptly to all repair requests; maintain a log of all repair requests, statuses, and outcomes
- Maintain a contact list for service providers, account numbers, and other important facilities information
- Maintain all non-technological equipment product guides and service information to be organized and accessible
- Maintain a log of service, inspections, etc., for shelter vehicles; ensure readiness and safety for use by scheduling or performing maintenance as needed
- Organize storage facilities and care for stored items
- Make requests for additional equipment, parts, or expert repair to appropriate persons
- Transport animals to and from appointments as needed
- Pick up supplies as needed from area merchants; ensure availability of fuels
- Other duties as assigned
Conditions and Requirements:
- Physically demanding position. Specific activities and requirements to be addressed during hiring process.
- Reports to Adoption Center Manager
- Valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with basic tools and machinery operation and maintenance
- Part-time position, 20 hours per week. Schedule 7:30 or 8 am to 12:30 or 1 pm, Tuesday through Friday.